Here you go… the twelfth issue of Pica~Post. We’ve been making these things for a few years now (the first one came out in 2011, if you wondered), and we’re still not really sure what they are.
Are they fanzines? Are they magazines? Are they just a load of nonsensical utterings printed on to paper and then stapled back together again? Who knows?
What we do know is that we thoroughly enjoy making them, and whilst spending countless hours working on something like this might not make a lot of sense as a ‘marketing strategy’, if someone, somewhere out there in the real world gets even the smallest morsel of enjoyment out of these things, then that’s good enough for us.
Anyway, let’s not get too emotional — let’s talk about this one.
For some reason issue 12 has got a fairly flavoursome food theme to it. Not too sure why, but sometimes these things are best left unknown.
Inside you’ll find…
- An interview with Universal Works main-man David Keyte.
- Some words about Stone Island by Mark Smith, accompanied by ace drawings courtesy of Ben Lamb.
- A chat with the people behind Arpenteur.
- Some photos of people wearing those clothes we made with Edwin, taken by Adam Hindmarch.
- A comic by David Bailey.
- And an informative article about food you can’t buy anymore.
We’re sending these out with orders until they run out, or you can buy one for a whopping two pence here.
And for those who enjoy pixels over paper… here’s the online version.