Paraboot / Michael (Grain Leather)
- Full grain leather upper
- Full leather lining and cushioned insole
- Welted rubber sole unit
- Small Paraboot tag on the outside
- True to size
- Made in France
Designed way back in 1945, the Michael shoes are a classique bit of French footwear from Paraboot. Film-fans might recognise these from old French thrillers, but they were also popular amongst what was known as the BCBG in the 80s. BCBG stands for ‘bon chic, bon genre,’ meaning ‘good style, good class’. A bit like the Paninari in Italy, this is used to describe the well-off youth around Paris.
But let’s get back to the shoes. They’ve got a stout, moccasin construction and a chunky sole with what’s known as a Norwegian welt. Apparently even more waterproof than the Goodyear welt, these are the preserve of only the most committed of footwear artisans.
Please note: Unfortunately due to distribution restrictions, we are only able to ship Paraboot products to the UK and Ireland. Please do not try to purchase this product as we will be unable to fulfil the order.
All measurements are in inches.
|UK Size||Length||Ball of foot||Heel|
We sell shoes from all over the world, all sizes listed on the site are UK and based on the brand’s conversion chart. Any other relevant sizing info will be provided in the product description if necessary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further help with sizing.
- We do not charge customers outside the EU the 20% VAT that is included in the price of most of the items we sell. See our shipping section for more details.
- Free shipping on UK orders over £140 and worldwide orders over £250.
- Order prior to 1pm Monday - Friday for same day shipping worldwide, next business day delivery within Mainland UK. Saturday Guaranteed shipping available too.
- During sales and holiday periods we do our best but can't always guarantee same day dispatch. If you definitely need your order next day get in touch.
We offer a 28 day return policy on all non-sale items.
Sale items can be returned within 14 days.
See our returns page for full details.
Need help with your order?
If you need further help with your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details below:
email@example.com / +44 (0)161 831 7781
Monday–Saturday, 10am–6pm (GMT)