- 100% nylon outer fabric
- Polyurethane inner layer
- Semi-transparent, garment-dyed, hyper-light Lamy Tela fabric
- Anti-drop and resin treatment for wind resistance
- Reflective print
- Large hood with overstitched visor and contour elastic drawcord
- Two way zip with dual velcro stormflap
- Detachable Stone Island Patch badge on the placket
- Angled chest ventilation zips
- Two lower front pockets
- External drawcord waist
- Mesh back panel ventilation
- Concealed elasticated cuff
- Relaxed fit
- Made in Italy
Now, we’re not usually ones for melodrama, but HAVE YOU SEEN THIS REFLECTIVE GRID ON LAMY-TC HOODED LONG JACKET FROM STONE ISLAND? IS IT NOT THE MOST LIFE-AFFIRMING JACKET YOU’VE EVER HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE TO BEHOLD?
Theatrics aside, this is really something special. The eagle-eyed readers among you may have noticed that the exterior fabric of this doozy is actually made from a fabric with a grid-like pattern that reflects light, whilst being windproof and lighter than a bag of quavers, madness. Using some technical treatment cooked up in the SI laboratories, each item has that uniquely garment-dyed patina we've come to expect from Italy's finest, however on this fabric it seems to hit a little different and perhaps photos cannot do this justice. Other bits of interest are the zip ventilations angled from shoulder to chest as well as centrally placed Stone Island patch badge. Essentially, this is truly a one-of-a-kind jacket that only comes around once in a blue moon.
Is it too early in 2021 to announce this as the winner of the best coat of the year?