We’re looking for someone here in Manchester who knows how to lead a shop floor team to deliver the absolute best customer experience, and make it all look laid back and effortless. The right person will know how difficult this really is, and look forward to the challenge.
We want someone who also knows how to run a military back office, knows how to make the stock behave itself and can style a mannequin.
Our Manchester shop manager will :
- Manage and develop the Manchester shop team to deliver the best customer service, and to sell.
- Make sure that the shop floor presentation and environment makes customers feel welcome and represents Oi Polloi.
- Be a key member of the Oi Polloi management team, providing shop-floor insights to influence retail direction, marketing, operations and buying.
- Know what to do with a weekly stock and sales report.
- Merchandise products to meet the creative and commercial demands of the business.
- Be responsible for the shop’s stock management.
- Effortlessly take care of the daily, weekly and monthly paperwork.
- Ensure that the Manchester shop works seamlessly alongside our web shop and our new Soho shop. Help us live our omni-channel retail dreams.
- Respond to customer emails and social media questions as well as making sure that the Manchester shop is represented in our social media channels, particularly Instagram and Twitter.
- Be prepared to act as a highly visible, high profile representative of Oi Polloi.
The right person will :
- Be an experienced shop manager to whom the day-to-day running of an expensive men’s clothes shop will be nothing new. You’ll get support and direction but your job is to know what will be best for our Manchester shop.
- Have a good knowledge of Oi Polloi, the brands we sell and our particular corner of the menswear world.
- Know what the best customer service is really all about and be able to instil this in the whole team.
- Have the highest standards of shop floor presentation and demonstrate an understanding of how all aspects of a shop environment affect the customer experience and sales performance.
- Possess all of the people management skills necessary to lead a team at this level. We’ll let you tell us what they are when we meet you.
- Ideally have experience of running a bricks and mortar shop alongside a web shop.
- Know how to set targets, manage KPIs and make these meaningful to the rest of the team.
- Be able to develop and implement systems and processes.
- Have decent computer skills and be comfortable with wrestling the odd spreadsheet.
- Be obsessive about the details of product, staff, shop floor, stock room, paperwork, everything.
- Be able to make decisions with consideration beyond the shop floor, that balance the commercial and the creative needs of the business.
- Be able to lead change and be comfortable with having change thrust upon them.
- Be prepared for the unique challenges presented by an independent creative business.
This is a permanent full time position based in our Manchester shop on Thomas Street in the Northern Quarter.
This is a retail hours job working five days a week, Monday to Sunday, with a 45 minute lunch-break. There will be occasions when you will be expected to work additional hours to meet the demands of the job. This will be compensated for with time off in lieu.
The salary will depend upon your level of experience. Please let us know your salary expectations when you apply.
If you are interested in the job then please email a copy of your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com along with a covering email explaining briefly why you would like to work for Oi Polloi. Why are you the right person to manage our Manchester shop?
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 12th of May. Application submitted after this date might be accepted but you should probably have a really good reason for being late.
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible.